GAGA★ joins the GENDA Group. Aiming to strengthen the “Entertainment Content” business.

 GENDA Inc. (Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative Director and Chairman of the Board: Nao Kataoka; Representative Director and President: Mai Shin; hereinafter “GENDA”) has resolved at a meeting of its Board of Directors held today to acquire 78.05% of the issued shares of GAGA Corporation (Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Tom(Tatsumi) Yoda; hereinafter “GAGA”), a film distribution business (the remaining 21.95% of the issued shares are held by Tom(Tatsumi) Yoda), and make GAGA a subsidiary of the Company.

 Our aspiration is “More fun for your days” and our goal is to become the “World’s No.1 Entertainment Company” by 2040. In the process of achieving this, we believe it is essential to expand and strengthen our “Entertainment Platform”, which forms the basis of our business, while enriching and strengthening our “Entertainment Content” business.
  GAGA is one of the world’s leading independent distribution brands, having distributed seven Academy Award-winning films in the last 15 years and four Palme d’Or winners, the highest film award at the Cannes International Film Festival, in the last six years. Based on this strong position in the visual content industry, GAGA is promoting a “multi-portfolio strategy”, planning and producing Japanese films, animation, and game content, selling domestic productions (including TV animation) overseas and providing productions to distribution companies, as well as developing EC businesses such as “Plus GAGA” and “GAGA★ONLINE STORE” and other e-commerce businesses. Furthermore, in view of the strong presence of GAGA’s current manager, Tom(Tatsumi) Yoda, in the entertainment industry, GAGA’s participation in the GENDA Group will provide an opportunity to build new networks with the GENDA Group not only in the film industry, but also in the TV, publishing and music industries. These networks are also expected to contribute to the expansion of the GENDA Group’s character merchandising business using IP, such as prize games, which the GENDA Group is promoting as its core business. With the participation of GAGA, the GENDA Group will further improve its “Entertainment Content” procurement capabilities and strengthen its network in the entertainment industry.

■ GAGA Corporation New management structure.

*There have been revisions to the management structure of GAGA Corporation since this release; the structure from December 1 is as announced in the following press release issued on November 28 from GAGA Corporation.

 In conjunction with the conversion of the company into a subsidiary, the following management structure is planned. In addition to the current management team, Yuzo Sato, Director and CCO of GENDA, will become Representative Director and President and CEO, and Nao Kataoka, Representative Director and Chairman of the Board, will become Independent Outside Director.

President and CEOTom(Tatsumi)Yoda
Representative Director and President CEOYuzo Sato
(concurrently Director and CCO of GENDA)
Director and Managing Executive OfficerKazuya Yamashita
Director and Senior Executive OfficerTakao Mizuno
Director and Senior Executive OfficerSatomi Kotake
Director Executive officerTakeshi Matsushita
Independent Outside DirectorNao Kataoka
(concurrently Representative Director and Chairman of the Board of GENDA)
Independent Outside AuditorKeiichi Ibata
(concurrent with GENDA auditor)

For more information, please see the following. 

■Company Profile.
Representative Director and Chairman of the Board Nao Kataoka, Representative Director and President Mai Shin
Established: 5 May 2018.
Location: 17F, Tokyo Shiodome Building, 1-9-1 Higashi-Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
GENDA IR page: